The Institute for Regional Education (IRE) is a small, 27-year-old public charity. We have no endowment or any other permanent funds of our own. For the most part, we exist financially by manifesting our projects. Yet this period in our organizational life has been particularly difficult financially. For that reason, we are, for the first time in our history, offering to our friends "out there" the option of becoming funding partners with and for our work.
Communications regarding donations will be kept strictly confidential. If you would like us to post notice of your individual gifts - or ideas regarding fundraising - please let us know. As a not-for-profit (tax-exempt) organization, help of any amount is tremendously appreciated, greatly needed, and tax-deductible to the extent allowed by applicable law.
If you want to donate in a special way or through a particular vehicle, please contact us through this confidential e-mail. And please, let us know if you could contact, or think we should contact, someone else you know.
Funds are needed for the following purposes, all of which assist the other parts:
- for the day-to-day operations of the Institute for Regional Education (IRE);
- our specific work in keeping KOYAANISQATSI and POWAQQATSI in distribution, especially the re-release in theatres and for home use, including video, and the introduction of the DVD version of our films;
- development and the actual production of NAQOYQATSI (we know of very few other film projects that have attempted funding by partnering with an extended family - in this case our audience and other friends).
There are three ways to give:
- using your credit card online (coming soon);
- using our online email form to let us know how you would like to help;
- printing a help form, and faxing or mailing us the form with your credit card information and/or check if you would prefer not to use your credit card online.
Thank you so much for considering this request!